The DIC No Place For Hate offers the community resources to counteract incidents of bigotry, racism, and ignorance and to promote respect for people of all backgrounds. Stay tuned for updates about programs.
Duxbury’s No Place for Hate program was created 13 years ago and under the leadership of Harry Katz, was one of the first 13 town's to be certified No Place for Hate.
We are proud to announce our affiliation with Prejudice Free Duxbury https://www.prejudicefreeduxbury.org/
and Race Amity* https://raceamity.org/
In keeping with the Duxbury Interfaith Council’s Mission Statement to:
1. Nourish the spirit of understanding and cooperation among the diverse religious institutions and people of faith in the Duxbury community and to be a visible example of tolerance and respect between faiths.
2. Provide opportunities for all people of Duxbury to join in interfaith programs: worship, charity and education.
3. Lift up by word and deed the values of kindness, compassion, and respect for the common humanity of all.
The Duxbury Interfaith Council endorses, encourages, and morally supports, Prejudice Free Duxbury and its mission to end systemic racism and all forms of prejudice in our community, and make Duxbury a safe, kind, and welcoming place by:
· Publicizing events and educational programs sponsored by Prejudice Free Duxbury
· Encouraging participation in/attendance at events and programs whenever possible
Duxbury Interfaith Council endorses, encourages and morally supports the efforts of the Race Amity* Committee’s vision to develop forums and initiatives to advance cross racial and cross cultural amity [friendship; peaceful harmony] that impact the public discourse on race by:
- Creating a steering committee to guide and provide strategic oversight for Race Amity Committee initiatives
- Publicizing Race Amity Committee events and programs
- Encouraging participation in/attendance at events and programs whenever possible
- Participating in the inaugural offering of the monthly film screening and conversations in partnership with the Duxbury Free Library
*Race Amity Committee’s mission is to educate the community about the rich tapestry of America’s history in order to engage in meaningful public discourse on race relations while charting a course toward friendship and unity.